This is a list compiled by Archibald employees of some of our favorite places to eat in the area. We would love to hear your suggestions to add to the list.
Portland Restaurant Guide
$- Under $10
$$$$- Above $61
*Approximate cost per person for a meal including one drink, tax and tip.
2601 NW Vaughn St., Portland, OR 97210, (503) 228-1250
$$$- Local gourmet foods, great happy hour, and breakfast
2832 SE Belmont St., Portland, OR 97214, (503) 238-1464
$$$$ Italian cuisine. 5-course Prix Fixe menu and wine pairing at additional cost.
– 2165 W Burnside St. Portland, OR 97210, (503) 223-1513
$$$ Classic steakhouse and seafood. Great happy hour, amazing onion rings.
– 807 NW 21st Ave. Portland, OR 97209, (503) 226-4646
$$$ Romantic Italian dinning. Great wine list.
– 1221 NW 21st Ave. Portland, OR 97209, (503) 248-9663
$$$ American Cuisine. Great service, Fantastic food.
701 NW 23rd Ave, Portland, OR 97210, (503) 222-0048
$$ Casual fare, complete with wood oven fired and spit roasted cuisine. Great Happy hour menu.
Portland City Grill
– 111 5th Ave. Portland, OR 97204, (503) 450-0030
$$$ Traditional American steakhouse and seafood. Amazing city views. Great happy hour.
– 5425 NE 30th Ave., Portland, OR 97211, (503) 841-6968
$$$$ Delicious French inspired cuisine. Chef has been featured on Food Networks” Iron Chef.” Communal seating and reservations required.
2225 NE MLK Jr. Blvd. Portland, OR 97212, (503) 284-3366
$$$ Argentinian cuisine. Small laid back atmosphere.
836 NW 23rd Ave. Portland, OR 97210, (971) 229-1925
$$$ Sushi, Japanese. Fresh, sustainable, and tasty sushi.
1239 SW Broadway, Portland, OR 97205, (503) 222-9070
$$$ Local, fresh, organic ingredients. A classy French American restaurant.
1001 SW Broadway, Portland, OR 97205, (503) 790-7752
$$$ Featuring Pacific Northwest seasonal ingredients. Inspired by the flavors of French cuisine. Also great for brunch and happy hour.
– 5115 NE Sandy Blvd. Portland, OR 97213, (503) 282-0622
$$ Local Brewery with delicious beer, good service and tasty food.
– 2225 E Burnside ST. Portland, OR 97214, (971) 271-7166
$$ Pix specializes in French desserts, and famous for their 30+ macaroon flavors. Connected to Bar Vivant featuring inexpensive tapas, and spirits.
– 4703 NE Fremont St. Portland, OR 97213, (503) 284-6747
$$ Legendary for the best pizza in Portland, casual Italian cuisine and tasty cocktails.
1338 NW Hoyt St. Portland, OR 97209, (503) 943-5995
$$ The menu is built around simple American food, using fresh local ingredients. Great happy hour, and all day on Monday.
Esparza’s Tex-Mex Café-
2725 SE Ankeny St. Portland, OR 97214, (503) 234-7909
$$ Extensive menu, excellent value, and great atmosphere.
– 1014 SW Stark St. Portland, OR 97205, (503) 228-3333
$$ European style tavern serving delicious food and drinks in an energizing space.
– 729 SW 15th Ave. Portland, OR 97205, (888) 628-4406
$$$ The Driftwood Bar is the oldest bar in the city with tons of history and a golden age of Hollywood feel.
– 609 SE Ankeny St. Portland, OR 97214, (503) 828-7662
$$ Featuring Ethnic themed family style dinners using local produce. Featuring omnivore and vegan options.
820 The Mint
– 820 N. Russell St. Portland, OR 97227, (503) 284-5518
$$ Sleek inviting space serving vibrant drinks and food.
3200 SE Milwaukie Ave. Portland, OR 97202, (503) 963-8000
$$ Specializing in amazing breakfast dishes, and brunch.
– 2301 NW Savier St. Portland, OR 97210, (503) 228-2619
$$ Longstanding Portland institution using fresh, local produce and grass feed meat. Best known for its amazing brunch.
The Screen Door-
2337 E Burnside St. Portland, OR 97214, (503) 542-0880
$$ Featuring Southern/Creole cooking. Known to have some of the best fried chicken in Portland.
– 411 SW 3rd Ave. Portland, OR 97204, (503) 228-5686
$$. Portland’s oldest restaurant, famous for its Spanish Coffees prepared tableside with flair.
Bombay Cricket Club
– 1925 SE Hawthorn Blvd. Portland, OR 97214, (503) 231-0740
$$ Delicious Indian food, incredible Naan. Reservations recommended.
– 2901 NE Marine Dr. Portland, OR 97211, (503) 283-6444
$$ Open seasonally through the summer. On a dock at McCuddy’s Marina. This casual floating restraint is a fun place to grab a bite, and cocktail in the sun on the Columbia River.
– 345 1st St. Ste. 105 Lake Oswego, OR 97034, (503) 675-2726
$$ Great atmosphere with outdoor seating available. Italian cuisine with many options and good portions.